What's the i‑Drive?
The i‑Drive is still the most advanced wheelchair drive control to date! Designed around a proprietary Central Processing Unit (CPU) and the Advanced Programming Software (APS), this combination of hardware and software brings state‑of‑the‑art technology to the alternative drive control industry!
Designed to provide:
- A real time user interface environment
- Improved driving efficiency
- Better feedback
- Increased switch responsiveness
- Superior switch site access
- More effective learning curve
- Increased confidence
- Smooth intuitive control
- Ease of all control set ups
- Superior positioning and head control
Stealth Products, LLC. and Trident Research, a new approach to technology
Stealth has created a developing partnership with Trident Research. Trident brings a degree of sophistication to our industry that is far advanced from the norm. Trident applied their knowledge of digital signal processing and integrated circuit design to develop a microprocessor for power wheelchair switch control. By combining reliable integrated circuits, modern electronic board design, and signal processing, Trident is introducing our industry to the same state of the art technologies used in smart phones and tablet devices we have become accustomed to.
Stealth's work with Trident is ongoing - It is a partnership committed to new solutions and products!
What makes the i‑Drive unique in the wheelchair drive control industry?
- Driving a power wheelchair can be challenging for a driver with limited functional ability
- Erratic movements requiring constant correction utilizes high energy, can be frustrating and challenging
- The i‑Drive CPU works at a frequency of 150 kHz allowing the interaction between the driver and the system to occur in REAL TIME
- Real Time Feedback allows confidence, smooth control and improved driving efficiency. The Use of Less Human Energy!
- Switch Channel Assignment
- Sensor Engagement Settings
- Double Tap Timing
- Mode Selection
- Mixing Switches & Inputs
- Positioning System Compatibility
- Optimization of Limited Function
- Full Customization
- Configurable with any device: iOS, Android or Windows
- Bluetooh Wireless Technology enabled
Stealth's superior positioning and head control products supply the important mechanical framework for the i‑Drive
- Uncompromising ability to optimize switch access and positioning!
- Limitless combinations of head, trunk and cervical positioning options
- Seamless integration of positioning components
- New i-Drive mouting ring design makes it compatible with all of Stealth's Head Solutions
Never compromise your ability to optimize switch access and positioning!
i-Drive Configuration Software
Meet the Advanced Programming Software. This downloadable application is available to easily accomplish performance adjustments in a Graphical User Interface (GUI). Once downloaded and installed in your Desktop, Laptop or Tablet*, the software automatically updates the latest build or version. The APS Requires Windows 7, 8 or 10+ with the .NET 4.6 Framework. The APS is not required for the operation of the i‑Drive.
The APS now includes USB or Bluetooth wireless connection, and the setup file will prompt which one is preferred during installation. The Bluetooth version cannot install on Windows 7 devices.
NOTE[a] Ensure to disengage the power chair's motor(s) during configuration
[b] Initial testing should be performed in an open area free of obstacles and/or persons.
The APS allows:
- Remote Port Assignment
- Double Tap timing to specific speed of a "mode select" command.
- Mode Selection configuration on any port allowing client specific placement of reset/mode change.
- Sensor Engagement setting to program each sensor for proximity, sensitivity, and activation control. This is one of the key features for a more controlled driving experience.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology securely connects to active i‑Drive devices
Build with Security in Mind
The family of Applications to configured the i‑Drive are specially designed and develope for security. Even though it is easy to connect to any device on the same network through Bluetooth Wireless Technology, as with any other Bluetooth device it needs to be paired before being able to connect, but also, the technician or clinician who's going to configure the device needs to be registered under our D.A.D.S cloud service.
When starting any configuration software, the technician will be prompted to login to his/her account before being able to configure the i‑Drive.
The new apps, i‑Drive Mobile and Remote Stop, are designed with the same layers of security and are available on your favorite app store for iOS or Android devices.
OS Requirements To see all requirements for Android or iOS Devices as well as Windows visit the official download page.
|Port #3||Not Assigned||Hybrid|
|Ports Support either switch type (Sensors / Mechanicals)|
IMPORTANT NOTEDimension tables do not display properly on small screens. Download Out-of-the-Box Configurations table on your device below.
i‑Drive Interface & Functions
The i‑Drive enclosure measures 3.625in. (9.21cm) wide x 1.24in. (3.15cm) height -no ring- [2.64in. (6.71cm) height with ring] and can be mounted discretely on the back of the head support, integrated into a lap tray, or mounted in a custom location. The enclosure is water tight aluminum with a removable bracket that holds the wire leads securely. The enclosure contains the microprocessor that decodes the signal inputs from the individual switches.
There are six inputs and one output to the chair. One dongle is included that converts one input into two 1/8in. (3.18mm) mono inputs with the ability to add a second dongle for a total of four (4) 1/8in. mono ports.
The i‑Drive Interface Supplies six input ports allowing:
- Connection to 4 proximity sensors
- 4 mechanical switches
- 8 independent functions
- Use of the supplied dongle doubling the input for mechanical switches
- Our APS allows for port assignment, sensitivity adjustment, and trouble shooting
IMPORTANT NOTES When Ordering: When ordering keep in mind that the i‑Drive can be preconfigured at no extra cost to your specific needs. Just make sure to provide what type of electronics are being used. When received, the i‑Drive will work out of the box with your electronics. If you need to configure sensor sensitivity, in the package you will find a note with the APS download link which allows you to accomplish this task. If you cannot find it, you can download it from this page .
The i‑Drive Award Winning head arrays are an advanced alternative drive control system for operating your power chairs and utilizes Stealth's tried and true head positioning technology. With Stealth's superior head positioning, the client's head and neck can easily be supported and kept upright while driving.
The Sip & Puff option for i‑Drive incorporates a wand that allows the use of breath for input control. Designed for those who have weak motor skills, it adds extra functions of "Sipping and Puffing" (inhaling and exhaling). Could be installed in a Head Support, Tray, Chair canes... with the i‑Drive there are no limits!
Our Precision Proportional Joysticks provide proportional drive control with a light touch. The sensitivities and thresholds can be completely customized with the i‑Drive Advanced Programming Software.
i‑Drive Trays with Capacitive or Fiber Optics Proximity Sensors. This allows mobility or any function independence for individuals with low head control. Select among our eclipse family or create your own.